Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty coverage is provided by Ford Motor Company on eligible pre-owned vehicles under the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Program. Ford Motor Company will provide for repair or replacement of covered components on the vehicle during the Warranty Period in accordance with the following terms, conditions, and limitations.
1. Warranty Coverage.
First, Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage is provided for 3 months or 3,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the date of your Certified Pre-Owned vehicle purchase by either the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty or, if applicable, the remaining Ford New Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty.
Second, if still in effect, coverage is provided for the remainder of the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty. (See New Vehicle Limited Warranty Information Booklet for details).
Third, the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Powertrain Limited Warranty provides coverage until 6 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the original Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date.
Note: The coverage provided by the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is not as extensive as that provided under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (see items 1 and 3).
2. Repairs covered under the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty.
Your Ford dealer will repair, replace or adjust all covered components, as specified below, that are found to be defective in factory-supplied materials or workmanship during the applicable warranty period. Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicles have a $100 standard deductible per repair visit for covered repairs. Damage and items not covered under the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty, are specified below.
3. Component protection.
Components covered by the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty and Powertrain Limited Warranty are shown below.
4. Where to go for covered repairs.
Ford recommends that you return to your selling dealership for repair of a covered component. However, covered repairs may be performed at any participating Ford dealership in the 50 States and Canada. If you require assistance in receiving covered repairs or locating the nearest Ford dealership, Ford owners may contact the Ford Customer Assistance Center at 800/392-FORD. Covered repairs on a Ford vehicle are not to be performed by other than a Ford dealership, except in an emergency (if your covered vehicle is inoperable and all local Ford dealership service departments are closed).
All warranty repairs of covered components MUST be made with service parts or remanufactured parts authorized by Ford Motor Company. In some cases, the use of Ford Authorized Remanufactured products is required after the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
6. Care of vehicle.
Your vehicle must be properly operated and maintained in accordance with the maintenance schedule in the Service Guide, which is part of the Owner’s Guide, for the vehicle. Proof of maintenance may be required in the event a question arises as to whether a malfunction is caused by a defect in factory-supplied materials or workmanship or lack of proper maintenance. It is your responsibility to make sure that all of the scheduled maintenance is performed and that the materials used meet Ford engineering specifications. Failure to perform scheduled maintenance as specified in the Service Guide will invalidate warranty coverage on parts affected by the lack of maintenance. Make sure that receipts for completed maintenance work are retained with the vehicle and confirmation of maintenance work is always entered in your Scheduled Maintenance Guide.
7. 24-hour Roadside Assistance.
Services are provided by the Ford Auto Club and include:
• Flat tire change
• Battery jump-starts
• Towing assistance up to $100
• Lock out assistance
• Out of fuel assistance
• Travel expense reimbursement up to $500 for up to three days’ lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home
• Destination assistance covers taxi, shuttle or rental car expense up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
8. Rental car reimbursement.
If your vehicle is inoperative and must be kept overnight for a covered repair, including recalls or Customer Satisfaction Programs involving a Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty covered component, you will be reimbursed up to $28 per day for up to five days.
This warranty is transferable. If you sell your pre-owned vehicle, the remaining Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty coverage remains in effect for the new owner.
10. Warranty information.
You may contact Ford Motor Company about this warranty at: Ford Motor Company, P.O. Box 6045, Dearborn, MI 48121. This warra nty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which may vary from stat e to stat e. To the extent alowed by law , any implied warra nty of merchanta bility or fitness for a part icular purpose aplicable to this vehicle is limited in durat ion to the term of this written warra nty. Ford Motor Compa ny and your dealership shal not be liable for loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss or for any other incidental or consequential damages. Some stat es do not alow limitat ions on how long an implied warra nty will last or the exclusion or limitat ion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitat ions or exclusions may not aply to you. Ford Cert ified Pre-Owned Limited Waranty coverage, if aplicable, is in addition to any remaining bumper-to-bumper wara nty coverage. Ford Motor Compa ny does not authorize any person to creat e for it any obligation or lIability in connection with this warra nty. Valid only in the 50 Stat es and Canada.
Parts Coverage Under Ford Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
The following items are covered under the terms of the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty. The items in bold type are also covered under the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Powertrain Limited Warranty.
- All Internal Lubricated Parts
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Heads
- Diesel Injector and Fuel Lines
- Diesel Injector Pump
- Diesel Lift Pump
- Engine Mounts
- Flywheel Ring Gear
- Fuel Tank and Lines
- Gas Fuel Injectors and Fuel Lines
- Harmonic Balancer and Bolt
- Manifold (Exhaust and Intake)
- Manifold and Bolts
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pump
- PCM Module
- Radiator Fan (Clutch or Motor)
- Seals and Gaskets
- Thermostat Housing
- Timing Chain Cover
- Timing Chain (Gears or Belt)
- Turbocharger/Supercharger Unit (Factory Installed)
- Valve Covers
- Water Pump
- All Internal Parts
- Governor Assembly
- Kickdown Linkage
- Release Hubs and Bearings
- Seals and Gaskets
- Torque Converter
- Transfer Case (Including All Internal Parts)
- Transmission Case
- Transmission Linkage
- Transmission Module (External)
- Transmission Mounts
- Vacuum Module
- Axle Shafts
- Bearings (Front and Rear)
- Drive Axle Housing (And Front Axle Housing for 4x4) Including All Internal Parts
- Seals and Gaskets
- Universal and Constant Velocity Joints
- Axle Shafts
- Bearings (Front and Rear)
- Final Drive Housing (And Rear Axle Housing for AWD) Including All Internal Parts
- Hubs, Automatic Front Locking (Four-wheel Drive)
- Locking Rings (Four-wheel Drive)
- Seals and Gaskets
- Universal and Constant Velocity Joints
- Column Lock (Tilt Wheel)
- Control Valve
- Cooler and Lines
- Idler Arm
- Linkages and Couplings
- Power Steering Pump
- Pulley Assembly
- Seals and Gaskets
- Steering Gear Housing, Manual and Power (Including All Internal Parts)
- Anti-lock Brake Module and Sensor
- Backing Plates
- Brake Booster (Power)
- Combination Valve
- Lines and Fittings
- Master Cylinder
- Parking Brake Linkage and Cables
- Retainers and Clips
- Shaft (Brake Pedal)
- Wheel Cylinders
- Ball Joints (Upper and Lower)
- Control Arms (Upper and Lower)
- Control Arm Shafts and Bushings
- Kingpins and Bushings
- Linkage and Bushings
- Load Leveler Suspension System
- MacPherson Struts (Front and Rear)
- Spindle and Spindle Supports
- Stabilizer Bar
- Tie Rods
- Charge and Volt Gauges
- Clock (Electric)
- Distributor Assembly
- Distributor Cap and Rotor
- Distributor Housing and Shaft
- Electronic Ignition Module
- Fuel Pump
- Heated Backglass (Electrical Only – Not Glass Damage or Breakage)
- Ignition Coil
- Ignition Lock
- Ignition Module (Electric)
- Ignition Switch
- Mirrors (Electrical Only – Not Glass Damage or Breakage)
- Radiator Fan Relay
- Speedometer/Odometer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Starter Motor
- Starter Motor Solenoid
- Switches (Manually Operated Electrical)
- Temperature Gauge
- Voltage Regulator
- Wiper Motors
- Wiring Harnesses (Excluding Spark Plug Wires)
Air Conditioning and Heating
- A/C Accumulator
- A/C Clutch
- A/C Clutch Bearings
- A/C Compressor
- A/C Compressor Clutch Switch
- A/C Compressor Head
- A/C Compressor Seals
- A/C Condenser
- Automatic Temperature Control
- Field Coil
- Heater Blower Motor
- Heater Control Cables
- Heater Core Assembly
- Instrument Panel Registers and Air Ducts
- Air Suspension (Selected Electronic Components)
- Anti-theft Alarm (Factory Installed)
- Compass and Thermometer Readout Displays
- FordLink™ System
- Fuel Mixer (Alternative)
- Hybrid Engine Components (Excluding High-Voltage Battery)
- In-dash Navigation System (Factory Installed)
- Instrument Cluster (Excluding Dash Pad)
- Keyless Entry System (Excluding Door Handles)
- Power Antenna
- Power Door Locks and Retainer Clips (Excluding Door Handles)
- Power Seat Motors
- Power Window Motors/Regulators
- Sensor (Alcohol)
- Speed Control
- Air Control Valve
- Air Idle Vacuum Valve
- Air Supply Valve (Hose and Tube)
- Air Check Valve Assembly
- Barometric Pressure Sensor
- ECC Relay Assembly
- EGR Control Valve
- EGR Pressure Sensor
- EGR Regulator Assembly
- EGR Valve Adapter
- EVAP Vapor Storage Canister
- Idler Air Control Valve
- Knock Sensor
- PCV Hose Assembly
- PCV Valve
- PCV Vapor Filter
- Temperature Sensor (Engine Coolant)
- Vacuum Restrictor
- VAF Sensor
- Antenna, Radio (Base Assembly)
- Cables and Wiring
- Cellular Phone, Receiver, Handset, Speaker Assembly and Antenna (Factory Installed)
- Controls (Rear Seat)
- Radio (AM, AM/FM), Speakers, Cassette Player, Digital CD Player, Graphic Equalizer, Premium Sound Amplifier (Factory Installed)
- Rear Entertainment System (Factory Installed)
- Air Bag Module Assembly
- Diagnostic Module Assembly (Air Bag)
- Door Ajar Warning Switch Assembly
- Guides, Bezels, Brackets and Supports (Safety Belts/Shoulder Straps)
- Head Restraint Retainers and Sleeves (Safety Belt)
- Key, SecuriLock™ (Microchip Encoded Key)
- Lock Cylinder (Door)
- Lock Lever Assembly (Door)
- Lock Lever Assembly (Tailgate)
- Lock Lever Retainers, Clips and Brackets
- Module (Passive Restraint)
- Safety Belt Buckle (Front and Rear)
- Safety Belt Motor Drive Assembly
- Safety Belt Restraint Carrier
- Safety Belt Retractors
- Safety Belt Track Assembly
- Safety Belt Warning Chime Assembly
- Sensors (Air Bag)
- Shoulder Strap Track Assembly
- Wiring Assembly (Air Bag)
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- ALL ITEMS NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN THE COVERED ITEMS LIST SHOWN ABOVE.
- Repairs covered by any warranty (other than tire manufacturers’ warranties) or manufacturer recalls.
- Service adjustments and cleaning except in conjunction with a covered repair.
- REPAIRS NEEDED TO ANY ENGINE, TRANSMISSION AND FINAL DRIVE COMPONENTS CAUSED BY AN AFTER MARKET -INSTALLED TURBOCHARGER OR SUPER CHARGER.
- Repairs caused by loss of lubricant or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids or fuel.
- Repairs caused by collisions or other physical damage accidents, unreasonable use, (including driving over curbs, overloading, or using the vehicle as a stationary power source), damage from fire or explosions, road hazards or other casualty losses, or losses due to negligence, racing, or failures caused by either: a) unauthorized modifications to the vehicle (including the body, chassis, or components), or b) the use of parts or components not authorized by, or supplied by, Ford Motor Company.
- Damage from the environment (airborne fallout, chemicals, tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning, freezing, etc.) or from floods, or damage caused by theft, vandalism, riot, acts of war or terrorism.
- Repairs resulting from the lack of required or recommended maintenance.
- Any MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE SERVICES.
- Repairs needed to a covered part caused by the failure of a non-covered part.
- Repairs to the vehicle if the odometer is altered, broken, repaired or replaced such that actual mileage cannot be determined.
- Loss of use of the vehicle, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, consequential damages, and personal expenses such as motels, food, gas and mileage (other than is provided under the Roadside Assistance benefit). NOTE: Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- Neither 24-Hour Roadside Assistance nor rental car reimbursement cover mileage charges, drop-off fees, insurance, gasoline or state or local taxes.
- Vehicles manufactured for sale outside of the 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia or Canada.
- Repairs to the vehicle performed outside of the 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia or Canada; or repairs required because of normal operation outside of the 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia or Canada.
- Repairs made to the vehicle that are required due to a condition that existed prior to the purchase of the vehicle and would have been obvious during a presale inspection.
- Shop supplies and environmental waste disposal.
- Vehicles are excluded from coverage, if on the Signature Date (and this Agreement is automatically terminated, if at any time during the term of this Agreement), the New Vehicle Limited Warranty of the vehicle, or any of its specific component parts, is voided, in whole or in part, or the vehicle is branded, stolen or salvaged, or if the VIN cannot be established.
- Ineligible Vehicles: Taxis, livery, shuttle, commuter, emergency or tow vehicles, electric, Mustang Cobra R, Ford GT , Stage 2 and Stage 3 Roush modified vehicles, Saleen modified, branded vehicles, electric vehicles, compressed natural gas or propane fuel system components, any vehicles equipped with snow plows, 4x2-equipped vehicles modified with 4x4/AWD capabilities, E/F-450 and higher vehicles, and police vehicles.
- Incomplete competitive-make vehicles are not eligible.
- Maintenance/Mechanical - Service adjustments and cleaning, batteries of all types and cables, belts and hoses, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), coolant, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights (bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), manual clutch disc, shock absorbers, spark plugs and wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, wiper blades, and compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system components.
- EXTERIOR SEAL & TRIM ITEMS - Service adjustments (glass and body parts), bright metal bumpers, door handles, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), water leaks, wind noise, weatherstrips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers and ornaments, convertible top, fabric, liners, zippers and fasteners.
- INTERIOR TRIM ITEMS - Buttons, carpets, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs, rearview mirror (glass and housing), trim and upholstery.
† If system has R-12 refrigerant, R-12 will be used for replacement, while supplies last. If R-12 is not available, the system will be converted to use R-134a refrigerant or equivalent. If replacement is due to a covered component, Ford Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty will cover it. If due to a non-covered component, customer is responsible.